Brahman Systems Safety Notes...
Good Housekeeping Practices
- Always keep work areas, stairs, and aisles clean and free of obstructions to prevent trip hazards. Promptly clean up spills to prevent slip hazards.
- After use, return tools and materials to their assigned storage locations.
- Dispose of scrap and waste material in proper trash receptacles.
- Put recyclable glass, plastic, paper, and metals in appropriate recycling containers.
- Establish an effective maintenance program that actively repairs damaged facilities and broken equipment, machinery, and tools.
- Do not place extension or telephone cords across aisles or pathways.
- Always maintain accurate and legible labels on all partially or completely full containers.
- Avoid putting heavy items on upper shelves or stacking boxes too high.
- Assure sufficient lighting is present in work areas, stairs, and walkways and promptly replace burned out light bulbs.
- After use, close filing cabinet and desk drawers.
- Always encourage personal hygiene by maintaining adequate supplies of soap, disinfectant, towels, and toilet paper at the workplace.
- Promptly fill depressions or pot holes and repair damaged surfaces in yard areas.
- At the completion of a task, clean all tools and the work area, and return tools to their storage locations.